My TED Like Talk

In Language Arts class we recently got the challenge of creating our own TED talk. We had to choose and research a topic of our choice, make a slideshow, and present to the class. We worked on our TED talks for a couple weeks then came some of the first presentations. Here, I will tell the story about how my TED talk came to life.

Choosing a topic was the most difficult part, I ended up choosing “How to take a penalty kick in soccer.” I started off strong, researching and finding images for my talk and making what I thought was good progress. I finished my slides but had no idea what to say yet. I thought it was going great until I saw people already signing up to present. After this I worked extra hard and finished writing down what I had to say, know all I had to do was practice saying it.

Saying what I had to say was going to be the hardest part. I practiced over and over again until I had it down. Then, when I felt ready signed up to present. I kept practicing with some of my peers and they gave me feedback. Then it was time for me to present.

I had butterflies in my stomach, my body was shaking when I was pulling up my slideshow. I began my first line and just kept going through my slides like I had practiced. Then after what felt like two seconds, I was finished. What I thought would be super scary was ended up being fine. This project was super fun because I was able to be creative about a topic I was passionate about. Thanks for reading.

2 thoughts on “My TED Like Talk”

1. I like how for your TED talk, you focused on one soccer skill, instead of soccer as a whole. I also liked how you described how you felt during your talk.